NAPA 2020 Election
The Election Commission of the Association of Nepalese Agricultural Professionals of Americas
(NAPA) would like to inform that due to the unprecedented issues related to COVID-19, the 2020 election for the NAPA Executive Committee will be
entirely conducted through online voting
, and the previously announced on-site voting has been cancelled. However, NAPA2020 conference has been postponed
and further details will be provided in the future.
Self-nominations open from March 28, 2020 until April 22, 2020.
Online voting open from May 15, 2020 (8:00 AM ET) until May 21, 2020 (11:59 PM ET).
Self-nominations are currently closed.
Please click the following links for further information:
1. Positions Open
2. Nomination Guidelines and Procedures
3. Election Timetable
4. List of members in good standing
5. List of nominations received
6. Final nomination list
7. Declaration of election results
The nominations are currenlty open for the following positions:
• President (1)
• Vice President-VP (1)
• General Secretary-GS (1)
• Joint Secretary-JS (1)
• Treasurer (1)
• Executive Members-EM (6)
Nomination Guidelines and Procedures
While submitting a self-nomination, the following guidelines and procedures must be followed:
• Must be a NAPA member in good standing.
• In the case of the President, have served at least one term in the EC.
• One individual member is eligible to compete for only one position.
• The position being self-nominated must be clearly specified.
• The following information about the nominee must be provided:
b. Current mailing address:
c. Valid e-mail address:
d. Valid phone number:
e. Member in Good Standing as of April 17, 2020: Yes or No
f. Current Officer: Yes or No
• A statement must be provided by the nominee that, to his/her best knowledge, he/she is eligible for the position according to the nomination guidelines described above and in the
• ALL nominees: please describe in not more than 500 words (maximum limit) why you uniquely qualify to serve in the position you wish to contest and your vision for NAPA.
• Nomination must be submitted no later than April 22, 2020.
• Please use the link provided on top of this page to submit nomination
||First Notice sent regarding Election for the Executive Committee — highlights the eligibility to vote and membership requirements
||Nomination Opens - Call for nomination for all EC positions
||Last date to be member or renew membership -Only dues paying members in good standing by this date shall be eligible to contest or vote in the election
||Last date for submitting nomination for all positions to the Election Commission
||Publication of eligible voters which will be posted on NAPA website (http://www.napaamericas.org/)
||Last day to claim on voters list (Eligibility of voting members)
||Publication of corrected/revised eligible voter list will be published on NAPA website
||A list of candidates will be posted on NAPA website
||Last date to submit any concem about the nominated candidates to the Election Commission
||Last day to withdraw nomination by candidates.
||Publication of final list of candidates will be posted on NAPA website
||Online voting begins May 15, at 8:00 AM and ends on May
||Online voting ends May 21, at 11:59PM Eastern Time
|Onsite voting (cancelled)
||Announcement of Election Result
Please email NAPAelection2020@gmail.com
for any concerns or issues.
Dr. Prakash B. Malla, Chief Commissioner
Dr. Narayan Khadka, Commissioner
Dr. Ramesh Pokhrel, Commissioner