Proposal for the Establishment of NAPA Endowment Fund
It is our pleasure to see NAPA moving forward with many ongoing activities. Accordingly, our community is also growing steadily, with membership comprising from a wide range of agricultural disciplines and geographical regions. Foreseeing its further expansion over time, it is imperative that we have a system of regular funding source to ensure continued NAPA activities including emergency funds to support unforeseen events such as the recent Louisiana flooding and Georgia car crash that affected our members. Such financial safety can be achieved via a carefully managed Endowment Fund. Therefore, we seek to establish a NAPA Endowment Fund. The fund will be utilized as per the decision of the NAPA executive committee considering the interest of the sponsors. Any NAPA members and interested generous individuals may contribute to this fund. Regulatory mechanism of the fund will be developed and adopted by the NAPA executive committee. Contributions toward this endowment will be recognized as mentioned below:
- NAPA Contributor: any amount an individual or institution would like to contribute
- NAPA Regular Contributor: $1 daily, $5 weekly, $20 monthly, $100 half yearly, $180 annually for a fixed term
- Tiered Recognition Level donation:
- ≥$1,000 – NAPA Platinum Sponsor
- $700-$999: NAPA Gold Sponsor
- $500-$699: NAPA Silver Sponsor
- $300-$499: NAPA Bronze Sponsor
- $100-$299: NAPA Green Sponsor
- <$100: NAPA Supporter
- A donor can make more donations over time and the tiered recognition level will be changed as stated in number 3. For example, NAPA Bronze Sponsor (donation amount $ 300) can move to NAPA Silver Sponsor after adding at least $200 in future.
- Anyone may make a material donation, fixed property.
- Anyone can indirectly donate a small portion of the price of all eligible purchases from certain online websites and stores (for example, 0.5% of purchases at the URL http://smile.amazon.com will go to NAPA if NAPA is added in the AmazonSmile Charity). Other stores such as Kroger also have such kind of charity options.